Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Insurance claim with Tata-AIG General Insurance

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by R.K.SHARMA View Post
    Yes, I had submitted above documents.
    Without your consent no insurance company or garage do the repair work. If they did, you have very strong case of going to consumer court against them. But still you haven't answer the Master's question -

Did you not provided your consent written or verbal to the garage and insurance company for repair?
    You will pick up maximum wrong numbers when on roaming.

PolicyWala NewBie

After assessment done by the surveyor, I got a letter from him quoting to place the car in an authorized garage. Perhaps, the same copy of the letter also given to the authorized dealer-FAIRDEAL HYUNDAI [ from where I purchased the car as the insurer TATA AIG has tag with the FAIRDEAL]. So, following this letter, FAIRDEAL guys came at my residence and picked up the car to their garage. The FAIRDEAL also demanded an advance of Rs.5000/- saying that I have to submit this, without this, estimate for repairing the car will not be prepared. So, I submitted the advance. It means that I was agreed to go for repairing, as recommended by the surveyor on behalf of TATA AIG.

I also informed the surveyor through email that the car has been placed at FAIRDEAL HYUNDAI.

I have also launched complaint to TATA AIG with copy to IRDA regarding objections raised by me. In response to this TATA AIG manager from CALCUTTA branch contacted me and offered to sit for a meeting to resolve the dispute, to which I have given my consent and the meeting is scheduled to be held on 3rd May 2012.

When I inquired from the manager, Why surveyor has given verbal work order? The said manager replied that it is not practical to give written work order. But, I disagree from him. I think, the dispute itself has arise out of this and the FAIRDEAL has put every afford to make money out of this. In addition, how an work order where the bill was expected to be in thousands/lacs can be verbal. I think, this against the bylaws of IRDA.